Solid Salt Scrub Bar

No extra lye or water is needed for this type of soap, this kind of bar is made exactly like a regular bar of CP with the exception of adding salt and using a high percentage of CO.

The salt doesn't need to go anywhere in the lye calculator.

Formulate a recipe using at least 50% coconut oils. I add my salt at very thin trace, probably couldn't even consider it trace, stir the oil/lye by hand for a minute or two and then start stirring in the salt.

HTH. Rebecca

thanks for the help. i believe i will try them Friday evening.looks like with that much coconut oil it would trace supper fast.i think i will go with a two lb batch tho in case i end up with a crumbly mess.how much salt would you add with two lbs.

Salt bars are not "supposed" to be scrubby (except for possibly the first use). Some people say they feel like washing with polished stone...I find that to be an accurate description.

Jen

This is correct. Sorry that in my first post in this thread says "solid salt scrub bars", I didn't mean to lead anyone astray.

The high content of the salt makes causes them to be very softening on the skin, and they do clean the hands better than a regular bar of soap when you use it to rub on the dirty spots, but it's not scrubby like it would be if you added pumice to the batch.