Is a htp1312 hotter than a CD22?????

I am working on wicking a 16oz classic jar (3.25" diameter, 2.5" opening) using ky125 and a cinnamon FO (1oz per pound). Tried a CD22 and it's just not cutting it-weak flame and no full pool after 6 hours of straight burning. :( The scent throw was awesome however.......

I have a few HTP1312's and wondered if those were hotter or about the same as a CD22????? Has anyone tried to double wick this jar? I prefer not too, but if it is okay to double wick with a smaller opening like that I will to get a good burn. I can use a cd20,cd22 or htp1212 with luck in my other scents, it's just this cinnamon......

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Tracey

I double wick anything bigger than a 3" diameter and I have double wicked those jars before when I was testing them, but I forget what I used. If you have to go with a humungous wick you are going to probably get a humungous mushroom on the end of it from trying to use a 1312 in it. I don't use the CD wicks, but the HTP wicks and I would try double HTP83's to start with for that FO. I don't have that handy dandy chart to tells you which CD wick is the equivilent to the HTP wick. I think there is one on here or the archived board, if you do a search. HTH. :D

That is a huge help for me-I have about every size htp there is along with cd's-well actually I don't think I have any cd's smaller than 12's, but I will try with a couple htp 83's.....

I have debated many times about double wicking that jar, but always hesitated with that opening, but it's a go tonight when I get home.......

Thanks again!!! :D:thumbsup:

I wick my 3" exactly apothecaries with a 1312, and while it can mushroom, I HATE double wicking, so it works for me. Anything bigger and I can't see it working. The 1312 is equivalent to the 22, so you won't see much, if any, difference.

for all your help. I tried 2 htp 83's last night and had a full melt pool at about an hour and the top of the jar was so hot you couldn't touch it......I am debating as to try 2 73's or even 2 62's for this.

I have never really double wicked before or had to so this is a new challenge for me.

Tracey