Additives in Soy

I'm not really sure, but wouldn't vybar 343 work? I know that's the one that's used in palm wax that doesn't get rid of the crystals...maybe it would work in soy wax? as it's a natural wax also. Can't say I have tried it, but it's a thought!

I tried vybar a few years back and noticed no difference in my throw. What I did notice was that it would make my wax set up looking like cauliflower and then it would expand up over the top of the jar when burned. It wasn't pretty at all and not worth the trouble IMO.

First off, use try 9% on your FOs - so far, I haven't had one problem using any of mine at that amount in CBA. I'm not sure if you will have seepage if you live in a very hot area and hit the summer months.

Vybar 260 (the one you would use for paraffin container candles) isn't going to do anything for throw in this wax - see http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1113016238;start=#9

In addition to the 9% FO load, add ~20% either ecosoya CB Pure Soy or 135. See http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15132&highlight=135 . (I think most would say to use the Pure, but I used 135). I did this to test wetspotting, but found an improvement in throw with additon of 20% of the other wax.

So:

1. 9% FO load
  2. 20% addition of a 2nd soy
  3. The FO itself

Are the only things that actually produced a noticible difference for me.

HTH

Hey there. I agree with the pervious posts. The vybar does NOTHING for Eco Soya Waxes. I use 10% scent in my soy waxes and I use the eco wicks as well. I found the 2 combined creates an awesome scent throw. I have the give the candles away to people to test them because from making them all day long, I can't tell the difference.:)