1343 for votives

Has anyone successfully used this wax for votives, and if so what additives did you use? I have some in the molds with 1tUA per pound, 4% FO and need a wicking suggestion, or someone to tell me to forget trying.

thanks;)

This is a very versatile paraffin frequently used for pillars and votives. You can get different effects from this wax depending on what you add to it. Adding Stearic will make it mottle, and adding vybar should give you a nice solid color candle. I haven't made them in ages, someone please correct me if I am wrong, LOL!

Yup, it's the wax I use for votives. I add stearic as a rule, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary with votives. FO makes it mottle, and vybar prevents the mottle, and makes the votive more "creamy" looking.

Edited to say: I used to use the 36-24-24Z wicks, but the mushrooming started to get on my nerves, so I switched to the LX-10, and have been very happy with their performance so far.......

I make 9" ,6", and 3" pillars with the votices to match . All mottled. Love them. Wicking does depend on scent though. You can start with 36Z if you use zinc. I have moved from them and gone to the premire wicks now. Got 2 hours more burn time too.

I will post my results, I am trying 36Z, 44Z and LX 14.

I used 1 % UA which was recommended by Candlescience, if this doesn't work, I will try 1/2% like suggested.

thanks for all the feedback.