Shemu Healing

siberia

I think I broke The Dish today. I posted this recipe there and as soon as I pressed submit, the board went down. :tiptoe: Anyway, here goes...let's hope I don't break this board. :laugh2:

I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes. I like to use this after a facial peel and also use it as a part of my Retinoid treatments. It really helps to calm my skin down after the aforementioned treatments. It's also great in the dry winter months and in the case of overexposure to wind, sun, cold, etc.

Shemu Healing

68% Shea Butter

19% Emu Oil

9% Rosehip Oil

1% Coenzyme Q10

2% Allantoin

1% EO Blend

Directions:

Whip Shea butter with whisk attachment of stand mixer until fluffy. Slowly drizzle oils while whisking. Add Allantoin in a slow and measured manner. Whip until Allantoin is fully incorporated. Lower speed of mixer and add CoQ10 making sure it is fully incorporated. Finally, add EO if desired.

Notes:

Shea Butter: moisturizing, naturally occurring vitamins A, D & E.

Allantoin: stimulates healthy tissue formation; skin protectant and dryness relief. There is an added tactile benefit in that it cuts the greasy feel of the shea butter.

Emu: trans-dermal properties, moisturizing, soothing.

CoQ10: vitamin-like antioxidant free radical scavenger.

Rosehip Oil: essential fatty acids; source of topical trans-retinoic acid (Vit A)

I would take care in choosing what type of fragrance product is used in this formula. I like to use an EO blend consisting of MMS Natural Vanilla Oil (FCO infused with 35-fold vanilla) and lavender at a ratio of 8:1.

I like to run my Allantoin through a sifter (two to three times) to make sure that it is free flowing and will easily incorporate.

Kimberly, this looks lovely. And listing the qualities of each oils is very thoughtful. I'll need to get some Coenzyme Q10. I've read its wonderful for the skin. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.

Gina

ps: Very creative name also!! :)

Thanks for the nice comments! It really is a nice butter/cream. The texture is so light and fluffy, even with the Shea. I would not recommend facial usage for those with oily skin. Only those of us with dry/normal skin or those of us that use AHA's, Retinoids (Vit A's), peels, etc.

I purchased my Coenzyme Q10 from Lotioncrafter. Great price and excellent service.

Have a super weekend everyone!! :)