How about the CB3 from swans...

a few people do, I think Holly from Wa does...

I currently use the CB2 which is a soy blend much better to work with than the cb3 which I have tried.

Now with all the great reviews of Greenleafs Wax, I may just have to try. Only thing holding me back is the shipping. I can drive to Swans which makes it soooo nice and cheap :D

Hi Tootie,

I use the Calsoy CB-3. I live in Eastern Washington, so the fact that I can order it from my state really helps with shipping. I really like the CB-3 but it has its quirks just like most soys. I always try to remember what "TopofMurrayHill" says, "all soy sucks so you just have to find one that sucks in the way you can deal with"....he says something to that effect. :D I use the Veggie Modifier in the Calsoy CB-3 to help obtain smooth tops. I get this from Candle Soylutions. I have a few more headaches with the CB-3 because of the type of jars I use, but I won't get into that now. The burn rate with this soy is great for me because I double wick -- the meltpool does not get too deep too quick like some of the paraffin blends do for me and some of the other soys. It has a great scent throw. However, it is soy, so you may run into more duds than if you were testing in paraffin. I have found that this soy gives a better scent throw than a lot of the paraffin blends with the FO that it throws well. There are some types of scents that I have trouble getting to throw in it -- like most soys. For some reason I have been running into a lot of duds lately. :undecided It may very well be my nose. I have tested a few other soys and still come back to this one. I would encourage you to try a test slab of it and see how you like it. If you order it, PM me and I will let you know some of the fragrances that throw real well in it.

Also, I like the way the colors look with this soy and it does have good jar adhesion like Carrie said. I do get some frosting, but I have learned to embrace it. With the oils that give me the worst frosting (the kind I have trouble living with in dark colors -- just a few) I use Frostop and it helps.

~Holly :)

P.S. I have also tried the CB-2. It is easier to work with than the CB-3 soy, but I found that the scent throw is better with the soy and the burn rate is better for me too. Also, the cold throw is better with the CB-3 -- to me anyway.

EDITED TO ADD: I did not test the CB-2 extensively so you may find the hot scent throw to be as good as the CB-3. I did notice that the cold throw did not seem as good. The CB-2 is a VERY pretty wax.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I am currently using, actually went back to calsoy cb2 blend, but I'm having a difficult time trying to wick my jars. I've burned hundred of candles. I have one jare that is 3.5 square jar and I can't seem to find a wick that works well with out all of the mushrooming. I've tried htp 1212, 1312, 126, 2 htp 83's & 2 eco 6 and 2 eco 8 and they either mushroom or drown, or smoke like crazy. I am using 1 oz of oil per lb. also I have a 8 oz jar and an 8 ounce tin that I am having trouble with. any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Angelina