wick your wax/wax your wick???

Tahlula B.

I would like to hear what folks think of the Wick Your Wax or Wax Your Wick, whatever it is, that Bittercreek sells. They are pretty high priced but the descriptions sound unique. Is it worth a shot? How much do you use for your candles? I am only interested in hearing about candles as I don't do anything else. Pillars especially.

Thanks!

:laugh2:

In my opinion Tahlula, it is some of the best available...or let me just say it is the best of the oils I have tried from many suppliers. I have tried approx. 20 of their oils, and I have yet to be disappointed. ( The Tibetan Black Tea was the only one that I wanted a stronger throw from.) I do use them at 6% even though MANY people use much less, and I am probably wasting oil at that %.

I have not ordered from BCN, and have only purchased from Canada, however I feel that Doneen is a scrupulous person and would not alter the oils she receives. They are shipping in Plastic and the lady from Canada ships in glass (which I prefer because I do not use my oils as quickly as those who have candle businesses here)

If in doubt, order samples. You won't be disappointed. But I will tell you that it WILL ruin you ever really loving cheap oil again. It is kinda like good chocolate. Once you have had Jean Philippe, Hershey's just doesn't cut it.

I also use these oils and LOVE them. Vanilla grapefruit is my alltime fav FO. I use the recommended amount - 3% and find that I get a super throw. The cost is really about the same as other FOs, if you are using that amount. I think they would be worth using even if you did use 6%. They are superior Fos. They are unique and throw extremely well for me. I would definitely get a sampler pack from BCN and try them out.

Angela, with others do you normally use an ounce?

Yes, the majority of the other oils I use are at 1 oz. So if you are able to use WYW oils at .5, you are spending about the same as you would for other oils. If there were oils from WYW that I'd have to use more than .5, then I wouldn't use it.

Great! Thank you so much! I am now off to order some samples... actually, I have ordered samples from two other places this morning. Sheeeeesh. I normally won't do this. I have a pretty set amt of oil I pour but some of this is too tempting.