Shipping Body Butter in summer!

Brenda

With summer approaching (thank goodness!) I've a question about shipping body butters during warmer weather.

Right now I package them in a single walled clear container, but I know that the summer heat will make a mess of them. :undecided Would a double walled container do a better job of insulating the product from the heat during shipping?

Anyone with experience in this area? :) I'd sure appreciate your opinions! Thanks!

Is your butter emulsified? If not, it'll loose the fluff and just look like straight shea butter that was poured in the jar. I've tried double walls, and it just doesn't get there fast enough. Those trucks and planes get hot!

Am curious if others have had success!

I only make my whipped butters from October to May. In the warmer months they just fall and sometimes completely melt. I tried to ship one once and it arrived pure liquid. So now I only make the product during the cooler months. Most people around here wouldn't want just a heavy cream anyway since it is so hot and humid during the summer. I just switch to offering a nice light lotion spray that I only make during the warmer months.

Ann

My mom and I have been trying to figure this problem out as well! Mom lives too far away! She suggested using freezer packs as part of the packaging and overnighting the order. It would be too expensive for just one order, but if you shipped in bulk, or if the person thought it was worth it, you could give it a shot.