Lip balm flavors

blueisland

Hi everyone, Newbie here!! Never been on a message board before so please excuse me before hand!! :D I am making soy lip balm and am adding pre sweetended flavor , how much should I add ?? Its 8oz of lip balm . I don't understand the 1/2 - 2% conversion ? When it says add that much , how mcuh is that ??? Thanks so much ! Thanks , Amy

To get your percentages, take the amount you want to use, I'll use 2% for an example, and multiply it by the ounces of base you have. So it would look like this:

.02X8 = .16 oz of flavor

Have to tell you though, 8 oz will make an awful lot of tubes. Check out this simple conversion chart to get you started!

And welcome to the boards!!!

OK hate to jump in here but....I just ordered 25 lip balms...I think .15 size, how much balm would I need to fill those up? Would I do .15x25=3.75....so 3.75oz....is that right? Sorry all this math gets to me:tongue2: And basically if I wanted to divide the scents among them say 1 scent per five tubes....how much scent would that be?

Angie

Yes, your total is 3.75, but round it to 4 to allow for a few drops spilled, and save a bit for your repours!

For 5 tubes, it looks like this: .15x5=.75 oz of base per 5 tubes

To figure out how to flavor them at 2%, take .02X.75 = .015 which is wee bit less than 1/3 mL or 9 drops.

Check out this conversion chart for just about everything you need!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_volume.htm

Thanks a million for your help . I made my first batch of lip balm and it came out awesome !!!YIPEEEEE I used the sweetened lip flavorings from The Chemistry Store and I think they are great. ( Don't have any comparison tho) Thanks again this is a great site!! Amy