Ics

Candlebuddy

I just tested a few scents from ICS, and to say the least, I'm really disappointed. :cry2: I tested:

Citrus & Sage (major fuel smell),

Pink Sugar (nice, but not a great scent throw),

Gourmet Sugar Cookie (it's ok in my small bathroom, but other than that, not a great throw),

Ocean Mist (testing it in my bedroom, doesn't fill the room)

Juicy Melons (very nice scent, throw is ok, bearly filled a small office)

I'm using Ky125, 8oz jars, 1.5oz of fo per pound of wax, CD 14 wicks, and I let the samples cure for 1 week. Is it me, or has anyone else had problems with these fo's? :undecided

I have more samples to test, hoping I'll find a few keepers. I love ICS!

I feel your pain. :undecided I have poured A LOT of testers lately and have had a lot of duds from several companies -- good companies too. I keep telling myself that not everything can throw well in every wax. I had several ones that had the dreadful fuel smell (citrus scents) and some that smelled great but had a weak throw. It can get discouraging, but I keep plugging a long and when I find the ones that throw well it makes the hard work worth it. I tested the Ocean Mist from ICS too, and I did not get an awesome throw either -- not bad but not quite as strong as I would like. It is on my list to test burn again to make a final decision on it. Good luck and post your results on the other ones.

~Holly

P.S. I tested the Pink Sugar from ICS also, and I did not get a real good throw either. I get a better throw with Nature's Garden's Pink Sugar. I did not test it in my soy but tested it in the Taylored 50/50.

EDITED TO ADD: I have the Gourmet Sugar Cookie but have not yet tested it.

Perhaps it's the soy? If so, I hate to hear that. ICS has awesome prices, and I buy all my FOs from them, but I'm getting ready to switch to a soy blend. I love their Lovespell, Pink Sugar, Blueberries N Cream, and Cukes and Melons.

Their blueberries n cream is especially awesome. It has something different about it, and I've been trying to figure out what it is. Didn't like it much at first because it wasn't "standard", but I'm loving it now. Throw is excellent in my paraffin.

I ordered a sampler from ICS a month or so ago..I was quite disappointed..thought they smelled weak OOB and then tried 2 of them in wax and nothing blah(one was pink sugar)

I was looking for a euc-spearmint replacement for BNL..never did find it..hopefully BCN will get those oils in quick:D

All this talk had me start to burn my pink sugar from ics. I use a blend of parafin mostly 4627. Awesome!

I also am still testing (possibly for my own pleasure) japanese plum....another awesome.

But different waxes, different variables (amount of color, wick, fo) all contribute on how someone can get an wax/fo to work for them.