Relief holes in votives

How many of you poke relief holes in your votives. I never have, but always seem to have problems with small air bubbles rising up from the sides of the votives as I am doing my repour, almost like air is trapped between the mold and the wall of the votive. I pour in a very cold basement, and Im wondering if maybe the wax is cooling to much and pulling away from the sides. I blasted each one with a heat gun to melt it a little, and still had the problem, not as frequently, but it was a real PITA to blast each votive and my repour wax got cold. Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? I usually blast them with a heat gun, but now im repouring almost 100 votives at once, and by the time I go back to fix the bubbles , the wax has cooled to much and it leaves a gaping hole.

TIA

Melanie

I never have poked relief holes in my votives. Because of your cold basement I think you might just have to do your repour a little sooner rather then later to prevent it shrinking and pulling away from the sides. I have that problem in my garage when I let them cool too long before the repour.

Yep it's the cooler basement, I started pouring all my candles down in the basement last summer and during the summer it was fine, but when the weather got cooler it noticed some definite differences in cooling time. I dont poke relief holes in my votives but I do do the repour sooner than I used to. Things seem to take half as long to cool than they used to...

My pillars began getting hairline cracks in them, that was annoying...I now wrap my pillar molds with an old cloth diaper and put a styrofoam cooler over them to keep them from cooling too quick...seems to help!

I do like than I can get 2 times as much done in a day than I used to be able to...besides the fact there is more room down there:D