Dipped Roses

So you just take the silk roses and dip them in wax? Do you use container or pillar. And does this work with soy wax? Can you do the lilac and all the other silks? I really love this idea for all the people who are paranoid of lighting candles.

So you just take the silk roses and dip them in wax? Do you use container or pillar. And does this work with soy wax? Can you do the lilac and all the other silks? I really love this idea for all the people who are paranoid of lighting candles.

This is an excellent thing for those who are paranoid of flame. I know a few people who are and loved these.

Yep silk roses, I used Pillar wax and these are holding up really well. I checked my SIL's today...lol...

I will assume you can do the other silks also, I will try some tomorrow and post those results.

No idea about the soy, I havent ever used it.

I take the flower and dip it into the wax at about 170 degree's, hold until saturated and lift out, let drip until it stops and hang them upside down on a clothes line I have in my basement.

Have fun! I know I am!

I talked to a friend who dipped real ones, and that's a no go, they just wilted and turned brown...LOL...she just wanted to see what would happen.

There was a guy that sat up in the park here for "tom sawyer days" about 10 years ago and he had huge live roses that he was dipping in wax right the in central park. Dont think the wax was scented, but they sure looked nice. He also did the hand dipping and i think it was the same wax. (I think the hand dipping wax has lots of mineral oil in it to lower the mp so it dont burn you and is more elastic). Bruce

There was a guy that sat up in the park here for "tom sawyer days" about 10 years ago and he had huge live roses that he was dipping in wax right the in central park. Dont think the wax was scented, but they sure looked nice. He also did the hand dipping and i think it was the same wax. (I think the hand dipping wax has lots of mineral oil in it to lower the mp so it dont burn you and is more elastic). Bruce

That's very interesting....I have to check it out more now...

This is an excellent thing for those who are paranoid of flame. I know a few people who are and loved these.

Yep silk roses, I used Pillar wax and these are holding up really well. I checked my SIL's today...lol...

I will assume you can do the other silks also, I will try some tomorrow and post those results.

No idea about the soy, I havent ever used it.

I take the flower and dip it into the wax at about 170 degree's, hold until saturated and lift out, let drip until it stops and hang them upside down on a clothes line I have in my basement.

Have fun! I know I am!

I'm going to try this with my veggie wax. You just leave the wax uncolored, right?

Thanks for sharing. If you do try other flowers please post the pictures. :)

I'm going to try this with my veggie wax. You just leave the wax uncolored, right?

Thanks for sharing. If you do try other flowers please post the pictures. :)

going to buy more flowers this afternoon

I colored the wax light pink like the roses I dipped, but I want to try it uncolored, think they would get a cool frosty look?... worth a try!