?'s about web site

CathyinME

Hello all! I am thinking about doping a website but I have NO idea how to even start! Is there some palce to go to find out how to do one?? I'm talking about starting from the ground up! Like, what's a host? How do you get setup to accept credit cards, etc??? Like I said I have no idea about doing this but I'd like to increase my business. Any & all help is GREATLY appreciated!!:D

What's doping? lol...

I'd suggest starting at freewebs, getting a free site, and using the built in web template and use it as a learning tool.

Or take a college class and learn how to make a fantastic site!

Guest EMercier

I posted the same question a while ago, although I knew what a web host was and I think a bit more than that, BUT I went with Godaddy's Quick Shopping cart. It was very easy. It's not free, but it's $9.95 a month. I really needed one. I was able to do it myself and I love it. There are a few things I want to change, but I wanted to get something up for people to look at. Also, they have to choose which method of payment. I'm with paypal, so I have that and it has a icon at the bottom. I didn't have to set up a shopping cart or anything. That was all there. This was just in my experience as with Yahoo Sitebuilder I had problems with it. Also, I think it does depend on the look you would be going for.

Guest EMercier
I have Go Daddy hosting (Customer service sucks) and have my cart with Mal's e-cart.

I second the customer service at go daddy, but I still get through when I need. They always answered my small questions, but technically, they don't now much.

I also signed up thru DIY eStores, and I have to say, I am nothing but pleased with what I have gotten so far. The customer service is top notch.. while your building your store, if you run into a snag, you usually get a reply within 15 minutes on the help forum. I would HIGHLY recommend them. If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line.. I will answer what I can :D