Calling users of CB 4627

I'm testing CB 4726 and have a few question.

First of all, I noticed a lot of you post that you're mixing the 4726 with other waxes, and I just wondered what is the reason for mixing it?

I've also seen quite a few posts saying it may need to be wicked up, but I find myself having to wick down on a LOT of fo's. I love the throw with this wax, I made one in a Patchouli and a friend of mine wanted to take it home to test burn it, he forgot to take it in the house and it fell down on the seat, (this is an 8oz jelly jar) he brought it to me today and from laying on it's side, the wax did exactly the same, it smooshed to one side, covering the wick completely and everything, it was fairly warm outside being such a vaseline type wax i'm wondering is this going to cause problems. Now I'm wondering if this may be part of the reason people are mixing, because this one doesn't set up hard enough?

Also for those of you who are using this, what temp do you melt to and add fo and then pour? Just want to check if I'm in the ballpark anyway,

I usually bring to 185, add fo about 180 and pour about 165.

What type wicks do most of you use with it?

I'm using zinc and they're doing really well for me, very little smoke or soot,

I was very surprised on that one.

Any help, advice or input?

Kim

I tested 4627 fairly extensively last year, but decided to go back to J50. I found that I did not need to wick up with every FO with this wax. I used an HTP and zinc wicks and tested a few Fos with LX wicks. The problem was that I couldn't get a "standard" wick for this wax. Like with J50, I always start with a 51z in a square mason because it 90% of my FOs, that will work perfectly. However, in this wax, sometimes the zinc worked and sometimes it didn't. Sometimes the HTP's would work, and sometimes neither wick burned the way I wanted it too. It was extremely frustrating. However, the throw was awesome with this wax. It is a really soft wax too, which is part of why I chose not to use it. I just didn't like dealing with the vaseline feel and sticky mess it leaves everywhere. I melted mine to about 190, added FO and color and then poured around 180. I know that sounds high, but it worked well for me and I rarely got wetspots, even pouring that high. I was pouring in the summer though, so the temp change now that it's winter would likely make a difference.

How does the J50 compare in scent throw?Wet spots really don't bother me much. I may have to find another wax and mix. I'm pretty sure now though the only wax I can get locally w/out paying shipping is soy and IGI. I'm really interested in the Greenleaf but haven't received my sample yet, so I'm trying to hold off buying more wax until I get to play with it first and just testing the 4627.

I did notice on one scent I had to wick down, I don't seem to be getting as much of a hot throw now. The wick seems perfect otherwise, and that's the only thing I changed.

This is all so addicting!:grin2:

When I tested with this wax, the reason I added other waxes to it was because I found it to be a "smoker". It seemed to me if I added some soy to it, it just burned cleaner, longer and better. I am no expert, but that is what I found.In addition to soy, I also tried adding J223....and even tried the 4630 for grins ( no method to the logic on the last one)

I think that J50 has a comparable throw. 4627 is still the champion thrower, imho, but J50 has a great throw too and since it is easier to wick and not messy, it's my wax of choice for now.

I stopped caring about wetspots in october, 2005. They don't bother me now, so I don't worry about them at all. No one notices them but me anyway.

I have a little 6006 left, I think I'll mix it with the 4627 and see how it goes.

I think the smooshy wax is going to get on my nerves :) I'd like to make it work just because I can get it without paying shipping charges. (I think)

There are so many other waxes to try I don't know where to start, too bad there's not a little wax fairy to whisper in my ear and tell me, use this, it'd be perfect for you!