Fundraiser Prices

Connie

I allow the group to decided what to charge per candle for their fundraiser. Allowing them to make 30-50% .

I tell them that I will give them a certain dollar amount towards each candle sold and then they can decide what they want to price the candle at.

I do suggest they keep it around my suggested retail price, but some raise it a dollar or two to get more money for their program. They have the option to make 30-50% depending on the amount they charge per candle.

I really think it depends on the area and clientèle you are selling to also. That is why I give them a choice.

Some areas will pay a higher price, and some will not.

The normal protocal for fundraising is to take your cost and instead of charging 3x for retail you charge 4x for fundraiser. So if it cost you $1.50 to make a candle (with all expenses added in) it would be $4.50 retail and then the same candle would be $6.00 for a fundraiser.

I offer 50% for my fundraisers, this way they have an incentive to come back, and since we have a product that is actually useable but depletes itself most people are requesting the group to use us for future fundraisers so they can reorder

I don't expect repeat biz from the fundraiser, I want to fundraiser group to get people requesting us back time after time.

HTH

Elle

I think when customers order from a fundraiser, they are expecting to pay a little bit more than normal to support whatever organization that is selling. But I would not bump my prices up too much. Cause that would scare off some repeat business.