? about salt scrubs

MichelleOH

I have used a medium grain, and mine is American Sea Salt from the Great Salt Lake in Utah. NOt quite as good as the stuff from the Dead Sea but a heck of a lot cheaper :D Another question I have for scrub makers is what size jars do most of you use? TIA

I started using a mixture of dead sea salt and european salt along w/ epsom salt. I now color and add FO to all the salts except the DSS (they were getting all gross/watery). Not sure what caused it so I'm experimenting. The DSS seems to be greasier in the package than the others. I just read this other day about DENDRITIC SALT : "DENDRITIC SALT HAS A VERY HIGH ABSORBATIVE CAPACITY. This natural salt absorbs essential oils and fragrance oils twice as efficiently as other salts used in bath mixes" -so I might try this as well. I also use different sizes for appearance- large european salts, fine dead salt salts (as I have other recipes that call for fine), and of course the epsom is very fine. I had them in the tubes but stopped that as they need to be in an air tight container as not to attract moisture-this might have been the problem too that I was talking about earlier. I right now have a small supply of old Ball jars w/ the wire closure at top that I put them in. I'll post them again as they were in the old board once I finish adding a few other things to them and take pics of changes. Also I found small bail jars at my Joann's for .99 that I'm putting them in (holds 10oz) as well. HTH :)