pay pal

that-girl

yeah, we had this happen to us this summer. I am always sending spoof emails to ebay and paypal on a daily basis. Well, one time I just was busy on the phone, working on the website, and also checking emails.....obviously not a good thing to do! Well, not paying attention, I clicked on a spoof email. Within seconds, they had a car listed in our Ebay account. Crazy. Immediately I knew what i had done and got into my accounts and changed the passwords. Man, these phishers are quick. It was MY fault for not paying attention to it, but it was easily rectified. Never charged a thing, Ebay and Paypal are very good about rectifying issues. They were great. You just have to be cautious about what info you give out. If you think an email is legit, than go to the site itself and read the info.

Just be careful, and don't talk on the phone when you click on an Ebay or Paypal message! LOL

Here is an example of a Scammers email sent to my husbands email account, (He does not have pay-pal).: I deleted part of the link since it is a scammer link (DO NOT CLICK ON IT). I wanted to leave part of it there so you can see how real it looks. A lot of people think since it says "PAyPal.com" that it is legit. HTH

paypal_logo.gif

pixel.gif

Security Centerpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifhdr_securityCenter_240x120.gif

Military Grade Encryption is Only the Start

At PayPal, we want to increase your security and comfort level with every transaction. From our Buyer and Seller Protection Policies to our Verification and Reputation systems, we'll help to keep you safe.</SPAN>

pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

We have recently noticed one or more attempts to log into your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.We also have reason to believe that your account may have been hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below to log into your account within the above-mentioned period.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/deleted

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporarily suspend your account.

We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recommend to verify your account in that time.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as another PayPal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. PayPal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work together to protect your account.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

PayPal never use these terms when we are speaking to customers nor emails to customers.

Hecks....I didn't know about IP's until a customer asked me about them and I asked them what they were. :laugh2: