floating candles

I have been asked to make floating candles from my son. He has a pool and thinks these would be great. Never made them but have plenty of paraffin and extra wicks. Just don't know what to do. Tried to put a wick in some tarts but if you move the water around the water sits in a pool on top of tart and puts it out. Any thing around the house I could use for molds. How thick should they be and since this is for a pool and not a punch bowl I'm sure they could be lots bigger. What do you all think? Any one done these and have some advice/tips for me. Thanks

Every time I put floating candles in a pool, within a few minutes they all float over to one side even with the pump turned off. :(

Had an idea when i read this -

Get some eye hooks or even cheap cup hooks from the hardware section of WalMart and screw them into the bottom of the candle

Use clear fishing line and tie it thru the hook or onto the cuphook and tie the other end anything you can comeup with that is heavy enough to be a weight yet waterproof

Don't tie it too short or it of course would pull the candle under lol

I would tie it a little long and giive it room to drift and let it move a bit

Had an idea when i read this -

Get some eye hooks or even cheap cup hooks from the hardware section of WalMart and screw them into the bottom of the candle

Use clear fishing line and tie it thru the hook or onto the cuphook and tie the other end anything you can comeup with that is heavy enough to be a weight yet waterproof

Don't tie it too short or it of course would pull the candle under lol

I would tie it a little long and giive it room to drift and let it move a bit

thats an interesting idea! Now if I just had a pool...LOL