IGCA National Convention

I asked and recieved permission to copy the following from the IGCA Newsletter - it is a general Convention Itinerary - More information including registration fees will be forthcoming and I will post it as I get it if interested.

2006 IGCA National Convention

July 16 - 20, 2006

Sheraton Oklahoma City Hotel

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Saturday evening, July 15 -

"No-host" dinner in Bricktown

followed by shopping, sightseeing, or whatever you wish to do

Sunday, July 16 -

nondenominational Sunday services for any who wish to attend

Registration - for anyone who has not preregistered

"First Time Attendee" Meeting - to help explain how things at the Convention work for anyone who has not attended before

Sign-up for the week's workshops

Candles entered into the Competition

Competition and Judging Workshop

Free time for dinner, shopping, sightseeing, etc.

Monday, July 17 -

morning - IGCA Business Meeting (election of officers, etc.)

lunch -

afternoon - Workshops by Convention Vendors

evening - Vendors set up (meet the vendors, sample products, take advantage of the Convention specials from all the vendors!)

Tuesday, July 18 -

morning - workshops

lunch -

afternoon - workshops

evening - Flea Market (buy and sell from IGCA members attending the convention)

after the Flea Market there is an optional dinner offered - featured will be Native American dancers and drummers sharing their culture with attendees

Wednesday, July 19 -

morning - workshops

lunch -

afternoon - workshops

evening - IGCA Auction (Auction items donated by members, vendors and friends of IGCA)

Thursday, July 20 -

morning - workshops

lunch -

afternoon - workshops

evening - Banquet (Honoring of the Competition participants, installation of new officers, etc.)

Friday, July 21 -

Post Convention Tour - For any who are interested, a tour with tour guide will be offered to give you a chance to experience the sights of Oklahoma City

As you can probably guess, unless something unforeseen comes up I am planning on being there - Hope to have the opportunity to meet some of you there!

edited to add -

Anyone wanting further information on the Convention may contact

Alice Marquardt

amqwicks@iowatelecom.net

Bricktown is cool. And anyone who goes should really try to see the OKC bombing memorial. It is very moving.

So, Mark, you're going?

Yes ma'am, I am taking vacation and plan on being there - I am already putting money back from each paycheck, saving up for it

Yes ma'am, I am taking vacation and plan on being there - I am already putting money back from each paycheck, saving up for it

Be sure to pack them VP's. :P

There is a chance that the convention falls on the same week as hubby's business trip to Detroit. If so, I can't go. But, I'm hoping its a different week. We'll see.

I am excited about it. :yay: It will be my first.I have gone to HUNDREDS of conventions....some because I had to and some because I wanted to. This sounds like a lot more fun than a Department of Education Convention. I didn't realize it was that many days! Cool! Sat - Thursday!!!!!!!

I was pretty impressed with the package I received from them and how quick I received it! Certificate and all! A full fledged member!!!I feel like this is the beginning of something really good.