Laser Printer Iron-On Transfers

Alajane

Anybody know where to find these? Wal-Mart and Office Depot both have the ones for ink jet printers but none for laser. And the ink-jet won't work--wonder how I know??? I'd really like to try these for my air freshener bags.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Jane

...I'm on hold with them right now.

We don't have one within 50 miles of us, so I'm trying the closest one--I had to tell the person on the phone 5 times what I wanted. I ended up saying VERY slowly (in my best southern accent) iron (pause) on (pause) trans-fer (pause) pa-per (pause) for (pause) la-ser (pause) printers. She kept saying "I'll connect you with electronics."

I tried to tell her this was a paper product, but all she could seem to understand was the laser printer part!

Still holding...........

I'm adding those to my favorites. But I sure don't need that many sheets--I just need to print a few little bags, so I probably won't order from them right not.

My best bet may be to find someone who has an ink-jet printer that will let me print a couple of pages, because Wal-Mart has the paper for ink jets.

Thanks for the help,

Jane

I just made t-shirts last weekend with my laser printer using ink jet paper. I know it probably wasn't the brighest thing I've done but they turned out just fine! What happened when you did yours? Oh and thanks for posting this cuz no where around me carries them for lasers either. :)

Do NOT NOT NOT use ink-jet transfers in a laser!!! Unless you want a big huge mess and possibly void your warranty.....ask me how I know :rolleyes: .

Really, Common Scents may have just lucked out but I wouldn't try it.

Laser transfer papers are hard to find, local places do not carry them (Costco, Staples, etc), they are a specialty product. I was going to recommend QLT but see you already have the link.

The difference is, laser printers run extremely hot. Inkjet transfers are not designed to take the heat at all. If you run an incompatible transfer sheet through, chances are it well melt and gum all up in your heat rollers (again...ask me how I know :rolleyes: ).

Even then, not all laser transfers are the same, not compatible with all printers. You need to know the temp that your printer rus at, check your documentation. I believe the sheets from QLT are rated for 170°....my printer runs hotter than that (wanna ask me how I know :rolleyes: ). Ended up sending it back...their customer service was great by the way.

After my little mess (which luckily did no damage but was a royal PITA to clean out) I called Minolta and my model does not support ANY laser transfer papers.

I was sooooo bummed, cuz I reeeeeeeely have a need for transfers done on my laser, but I"m OOL. I would highly recommend checking with your printer manufacturer before you spend too much time or money looking, it might just be a waste. HTH.

Yep, Beth, I found it out the hard way, too! (And I was using the color laser printer at work). I really panicked when I saw the yucky mess that came out of the printer--I immediately ran quite a few sheets through the printer and it evidently cleaned off the rollers okay before it got set in there! But I learned my lesson and won't try that again!

Jane