Your Opinions?

I made a couple of test candles this weekend. The pics in this post are of my first made only of EL Millenium wax (no FO or colorant). I let it burn for 3 hours. The MP extended out to about 1/4 inch from the sides of the container and was a little over 1/4 inch deep. Any comments or suggestions? The only other thing I could see was that the wick mushroomed, but wasn't smoking.

Thanks,

Todd

post-2516-139458393798_thumb.jpg

post-2516-1394583938_thumb.jpg

Typically, soy will burn down first and THEN start to burn sideways if that makes any sense. Sometimes you can't tell what it's really going to do until you've burned the candle almost half way. So far it looks good to me.

Maybe it depends on the wax and the additives that you use. :) I have always found that with mine you can tell within the first couple of burns what it is going to do. If I have a lot of hangup after the first couple of burns 1/4 inch or more), chances are that it is going to tunnel on me.

Thanks for the input. I have another test candle with FO (7% Apples & Oak from Nature's Garden... great scent) and no colorant. Its MP isn't extending out as far as the one pictured, so I think I'm going to wick up on both of them and see what happens.

Here is a pic of my Apples & Oak candle. It's hard to see (bad picture), but is the "dew" on the unmelted wax the FO seeping out? This "dew" only forms while burning the candle. IMO it has GREAT scent throw, though, filling a 22x14 room in about an hour:D.

post-2516-139458393821_thumb.jpg