Shea OIL ... best supplier?

michelleB

I'm looking for a good (affordable) source of Shea Oil by the pound or 5 pound quantities. Anybody know of one or two companies they'd recommend? I'm on the east coast but I guess I'd order from anywhere in the US as long as they're reasonable. I'd just prefer to find an east coast source if I can so that it wouldn't take so long to get here, without paying extra shipping charges. Any info will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you both very much! I've just finished making my order from the sage, and I found a few other goodies I was needing while I was there! Wooohooo! Gonna have me some FUN later this week when boxes start rolling in! I wanted the shea oil to use with my shea butters that are on their way (from the co-op), plus I wanted to try a couple of other things with it, and I was desperate to find it. You two have really made my day!

Thanks again, bunches!

Oh...and for anyone else looking for this, the sage is really affordable (at least I think so) and the shipping is very low considering it's coming to me from Utah. I'm a happy camper!

Shea oil is one of those products that you really have to shop around on. The price variances are astounding. Snowdrift Farm has it for $8.95 for 16 oz. , $15.00 for 32 oz.

I swear I spend about an hour every three weeks to update my supply pricing. It's worth the effort in that it saves me a ton of money.

Thanks Kimberly! I'll have to jot that down and keep checking back there. Yep, I know what you mean about following up on the suppliers to make sure prices haven't changed. I keep a list of what I spend on every pound/gallon of ingredients and break it down to ounces/units, divide it by the number of soap bars/candles/tarts it makes, blah blah blah, so I can get a better idea of my cost per bar of soap or candle. It TRULY does pay off and keep you from giving stuff away or even worse, losing money. Makes me feel like I'm being fair to myself AND my customers because the pricing is accurate.

Anyway, I digress lol. I still want to thank you all again for being soooooo helpful! This place rocks!