J50 vs. J223

I have been reading your comments on the J223 wax but no one has said anything about J50. I was under the impression that these waxes were so close that they were almost identical. I have been using J50 for the last 8 months and also have problems with wet spots. I get my wax from candles and supplies because I can pick it up. Saves a great deal of money in shipping. Has anyone any comments of the J50 vs. J223. Is one really better than the other? Appreciate any info. Thanks

Ingrid

I've used both, and I prefer the J223. It can hold more scent, which is a plus for me. However, I found that J223 is picky over pour temps. I have to pour at 145-150, no hotter.

When I pour J50, the tops look odd and have to be heatgunned 9 out of 10 times. It looks kind of like ridges, and where the ridges are, the wax is faded. A heatgun will fix it, but I don't have those kind of problems with the J223.

I've used both and I prefer J50. I tested J223 last year and feel that J50 has a better throw and I got fewer wetspots. It was also a little easier to wick for me. I get a brainy look on top of my candles if I cool too slowly, but I don't mind and no one else notices. I also get some wetspots with J50, but stopped worrying about those a while ago. Again, it's something no one notices and so I'm not going to waste time trying to get rid of them completely. J50 is a great wax and I like it much better than J223.