Lye and Lowes

smart tart

Well Bunny's supplier for lye got wipped out during the hurricane and I have been unable to find a supplier for lye. I read here that Lowes is now carrying something called Roebic Crystal Drain Cleaner....so I went to Lowes to look for it....right in the plumbing section at the end of the isle!!

It was a bit pricey....$7 for 2 pounds but until we can find a good supplier this will have to do.

BTW I heard Wall Mart was also supposed to be carrying it but I tried 2 wall marts in our area and I could not find it. I asked but no one seemed to know what it was :P

Anyhow - thanks to all of you who mentioned the Roebic.....

Debbie

Could someone post a pic of this bottle for me PLEASE!! I went to Lowes the other day and they have soooo many different Roebic products in plumbing(I'm lost and DO NOT want to get the wrong thing). I'm embarassed to say my husband is in management there and when he went to someone who's supposed to know that dept they said there was no replacement for Red Devil.

Is this replacement a liquid or powder. TIA :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Sharon... I'll have to print it off for my hubby so he can match it up w/ the product on the shelf (match by picture :P ). I can't tell you how many times I've sent him to the store with the empty container or pic. He likes to play dumb when its something he doesn't want to do!