Beeswax ?

If it's cosmetic grade, then it is skin safe, so it should be OK for candle use. Some BW is pale while most of it is the natural yellow color. The yellow may change the color of your candle slightly, but probably will only be noticeable if you don't add dye to your soy candles. Typical BW use is 2% to 5% load. One ounce per lb would be about a 6% load, which may be too much. You should start out small and work your way up till you start getting undesireable results, such as cracking. I use 3% and that seems to be about average use.

geek :cool2:

The only other thing I can add is that if the BW is cosmetic grade, it may cost more than just plain BW. Typically BW sells for ab $5 to $6 per lb. If your cosmetic grade costs more than that, you should find regular BW. MillCreek has it here in Indiana, and I'm sure other suppliers have it too. :)

geek

I use about 2%, or right at 1.6 oz per 5 lbs. The percentages can be confusing, but what works for me is that amount. That breaks down to about .3 oz per lb of soy wax. During warm weather, I have to bump it up to about .5 oz per lb - the humidity just wreaks havoc on the soy!

Lisa I contacted the candle supplier where I get most of my beeswax and their's is cosmetic at almost $6 a lb. So whether your bw is cosmetic or not you can use it in waxes. The important part is to make sure it is for cosmetics when doing cosmetic products. :)

FYI Millcreek's bw is cosmetic .