how do you

i made a pillar green and white mold was 3 x 9.5 additives were 1TSP of uv and 1 TBS of stearic.the wick was 24.the flam was so low i need to wick up to 30 but can someone tell me how to get the wick out without remelting the whole candle.I once read that if the diameter is 3 that a 24 ply flt will work not in this case does the height of the candle effect wich size wick to use.I have made other pillars and the 24 has worked but the height of the candle were 6" any input would help

You could try using a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the wick out. You may need to cut away some wax from the top of the candle to get enough wick to grap onto. I done this with containers but never anything 9" tall. Then you insert a new wick up from the bottom. Since you are going to a bigger wick you may need to tie a thread to the new wick and using a needle pull the thread thru then the wick - like they do with electric lines in a wall. Good Luck

tried to pull the old wick but the wick began to rip should i for future reference double dip the wick.i didn't know that it would tare but i may have to change my wicks in the future and i need to apply additional strengths to the wick so that if i need to pull out it will be ok

How much wax you coat on the wick beforehand has little or nothing to do with the strength. When you pour the candle, the wax mixes. If you want to be able to change wicks, a wick pin is your best bet. Unless the size/shape of the mold changes at the top or bottom of the mold, the height should not have anything to to with how it burns. You didn't mention what shape it is, just the dimensions. What wax and FO did you use? Is it possible you trimmed the wick too short before lighting? How does the melt pool look?

Added: Keeping in mind, I use wick pins. However, when I make a tester, I leave an extra inch of wick hanging out on bottom, folded over. If I need to change, I use needlenose pliers. I grip the end with the tip of the pliers then wrapthe wick around the end. It makes it much less likely to shred the wick. If it isn't going to come out, it'll break off at the candle base.