Trouble with triple wicking

I use Coconut 84X 90% and S&P 487 10% and have had great success with Premier wicks for my single wick candles. I've been trying to make a triple wick candle with a 3 ¾" wide by 3½" tall container. Same blend of waxes and same fragrance oils as my single wick candles. I've been trying Premier 725, 730 & 735. These all seem to do well until about half way down and then the wicks all seem to really struggle. They almost or do drown out. If they are any bigger I think they might be too big during the early burns. I'm wondering if Premier wicks don't do well in this situation. Should I change my blend for larger, 3 wick jars or is there a series of wicks that performs better in this situation. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! 

21 hours ago, Milk Machine said:

I use Coconut 84X 90% and S&P 487 10% and have had great success with Premier wicks for my single wick candles. I've been trying to make a triple wick candle with a 3 ¾" wide by 3½" tall container. Same blend of waxes and same fragrance oils as my single wick candles. I've been trying Premier 725, 730 & 735. These all seem to do well until about half way down and then the wicks all seem to really struggle. They almost or do drown out. If they are any bigger I think they might be too big during the early burns. I'm wondering if Premier wicks don't do well in this situation. Should I change my blend for larger, 3 wick jars or is there a series of wicks that performs better in this situation. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! 

Multiple wicks are a struggle. No old rules apply.  The combustion balance is short available oxygen that low.  You can try double wicking for something that narrow and deep.  Reserve 3 wicks for wider and more shallow containers.

I like to aim the curl of those types of wicks in opposite directions to help create a vortex of air current to draw more oxygen down to the flam zone, but it’s a crap shoot sometimes.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Milk Machine I have a slightly different wax (ceda serica) but I was wondering where you landed on with your single wick size. I'm using a 9oz straight sided jar and have tried 735, 745 and 760. I'm going back and forth on them, but these have been the best out of the CD, CDN, HTP and LX series I've tried. 
Thanks!