Colored concrete jar blemishes

Tjwaversano

As the title implies, I frequently have issues with blemishes, darkened/smudgy areas and white spots after pulling my concrete jars from the mould. I thought the white spots at first may have been efflorescence but they look more like "chips" in the paint or like something hit the jar (which it did not). Similarly, I sometimes see dark/smudgy areas on the  jar. I figured this may just be excess moisture that would eventually dry out but, after about a week and a half or more, they still remain. It seems as if finger oils will stain the concrete when pressed hard enough, but I don't think it is due to my fingers as I am wearing nitrile gloves when handling. Finally, the bottom of the jars just look terrible with that saturated color on the bottom. I always mix quite well (powder in the dry cement all and, when water is added, until milkshake/smoothie like consistency) for 2+ more minutes and when initially poured, the bottom is of uniform color. Perhaps the dye is lighter and tends to diffuse to the surface? 

In addition to this, here are a couple of variables:

1. I live in a very hot and humid environment and create/cure my jars out in the garage with no temp control. Temperatures at night (when I do my work) normally range from 85 F to 92 F~

2. Dyes used are Color Rare

3. Water used is distilled

4. Jars allowed to initially cure for 4 hours before removing the mould.

Any and all help with this matter would eb greatly appreciated!

20230822_094742.jpg

20230822_094818.jpg

20230822_094759.jpg

20230822_094823.jpg

20230822_094709.jpg

20230822_094637.jpg