Well, this is new...

Hello! My name is Taylor, I have been making soap and stuff for almost a year 8 months 23 days, and like 18 ish hours...but hey whos counting right? I am not sure how this happened but I am just NOW finding this site! I googled a question about renaming a Fragrance from A supplier to something else...was pretty much trying to figure out what is acceptable and what isn't for instance taking a fragrance called Cedarwood Blanc and calling it something a little more fun...But at the end of the day I think I'll just keep it simple, and use the provided name instead of trying to come up with something...But anyhow! Yeah, this is new sure wish I would have stumbled in here a lot sooner! Just read a tutorial on building a soap recipe, y'all just give that info away for free!!! well dang...I did it the hard way haha...but I was just perusing some of the discussions and there is a lot of useful info here. I originally wanted to make candles and sell them, and do the soap stuff on the side to supplement the candle gig...I mean you get to melt stuff down decorate it and then set it on FIRE!!! But then I started playing around with soap stuff bath and body works this and that if you will. And now I am trying to get rid of my candles ( I will revisit them later, lots to learn there) to make room for my Soaps! I just started selling at the local farmer's markets and here is the kicker! I spend all this dang money on cool butters, Spend waaaaaay too much time on Krita and Inkscape (free versions of Photoshop that aren't gimp (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) designing a logo, and then I see a video on making SLIME and how easy it is, think to myself, "hey that would be cool for the kids" want to take a guess as to what my big seller is? Thats right Borax, Water, and Elmer's Freaking School glue!!! LMAO!!! But it's all good! tons of fun either way. Well, let me close this by saying that I do appreciate all the information that I am about to gain from y'all! I live in Idaho not too many people around here make soap or candles or the like so it will be great having a place to ask some questions, instead of trying to ask a question and hope a YouTuber has the time to respond.

• Like 1

Welcome! You sound like you will do very well, and will fit in perfectly here. Can’t wait to get to know you better and see your stuff. 

I loved making slime when my mini me was little. We sold a load of it for fund raisers at her school.  Is there are clear formulas and smelly ones and glitter. 🎉