Shower "bomb" for colds??

mappam

Has anyone tried to make the Shower "bombs" for a stuffy nose? I looked at the package at the pharmacy and noted the ingrediants - but thought I would ask here before I tried making my own.

Are they basically the same as a "Bath Bomb" only you let it melt in the shower? (using the menthol type fragrances)?

I've checked those out myself, and actually hubby was the one who first saw them and mentioned to me that I should make something similar (we are always dealing with stuffy noses over here it seems. :rolleyes: ). LOL

I would think that they are pretty much a bath bomb with the menthol/vicks in it, but they may be a bit harder than a bomb, so that they don't dissolve right away but last a bit while showering, KWIM?? ;)

I'm actually surprised that someone here hasn't already tried these (maybe they have and just haven't said so??). ;)

So, start experimenting and let us know how they turn out. :D

TeeHee Michi - I CAN"T be the first one to try them - you see - umm - I am Bath Bomb Imparred:embarasse

Well - in my defense - I live in Florida - you know all that heat and humitidy to deal with - where you get the Growing Bombs - they start out the size of a golf ball and end up like a basketball - you know the ones I am talking about?;)

I bought some of those a couple of months ago. They are hard and solid like a pill, but way bigger than I thought they would be. I think it was about 1.5 inches across. It worked ok, I definately wouldn't spend almost $5 for 3 tablets again!

I am working on these now.... I made a mold.. and almost have what I what hardness wise...I am doing menthol /eucalyptus ones.. as well as some aroma therapy ones....that just smells nice..

I am not trying to duplicate... as their formula has a chemical reaction attached.. if you touch it while activated.. its HOt... I am aiming for something more along the lines of those cheesy bath cubes we got when we were kids...