JS Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

smalltownscents

I made a candle yesterday w/ JS Vanilla Buttercream Crunch sample w/ J300. I am testing out making layered containers. This scent will knock your socks off! I used 1 oz. pp.

Thanks to the peeps who recommended the J300. I really like the looks of this wax. May even change to this for my regular containers. I usually use 4327 but may give this a try.

I have been hearing some rumors that the J300 is going to be discontinued soon. Again, these may be just rumors but I would hate for you to go through all the testing, only to find out that you can't get that wax anymore. I heard something about this on the BC message board, so you may want to take a look over there.

I tested J300 last year and really liked it, but J50 is also comparable. I use J50 now and it has a great throw and is pretty easy to wick. I also tested the 4627 last year, but was just having too hard of a time wicking it and it was so messy that it was getting all over my kitchen. Anyway, just thought you might want to know. :)

I use J300 too and I'm in love with it!! LOL! I am looking to change over to a soy/paraffin mix though cuz I have a lot of people wanting soy! I sure hope they don't discontinue my J300 though cuz I'm in LOVE! AND I am actually burning that very scent right now here at work and just had a lady from next door order 3!! LOL! :yay:

Callie,

If you are looking for a good 50/50 blend, try the 1275 (in house blend) of Candles & Supplies in PA. I love this wax for containers. The throw is spectacular, it comes in 10lb slabs and it is a TRUE one pour. Colors nicely with liquid dye and is a firmer wax, so you don't get that mushy touch after it is set up. When I went in search of this kind of wax, I ran into too many that had that mushy, oily, vaseline type feeling when I touched the finished product. YUCK!!

Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with if you decide to switch over and try it. It burns nicely with pre-tabbed zinc core wicks also.

Callie,

If you are looking for a good 50/50 blend, try the 1275 (in house blend) of Candles & Supplies in PA. I love this wax for containers. The throw is spectacular, it comes in 10lb slabs and it is a TRUE one pour. Colors nicely with liquid dye and is a firmer wax, so you don't get that mushy touch after it is set up. When I went in search of this kind of wax, I ran into too many that had that mushy, oily, vaseline type feeling when I touched the finished product. YUCK!!

Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with if you decide to switch over and try it. It burns nicely with pre-tabbed zinc core wicks also.

Hmmm, I might have to try this. I really am not planning to switch waxes, but I have wanted to try a 50/50 blend, but don't want to order from a supplier that's far away. I get my wax from Candles and Supplies quite frequently, so I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks!

I use this wax as well (from C&S) and it was the the very first wax I tried and I don't find any problems with it at all. I would suggest that you really do pour at 160 and warm your jars (heat gun will do). I don't have problems with wet spots if I pour at 160. I really love this wax, as do my customers. I use Heinz Coreless wicks and get a fantastic burn with it.