Another coloring question

valeriakr

There are so many natural colorants out there to experiment with and not only are they safer but look much better. They will give you a quality look in your soap. You can use nutmeg, paprika, many of the clays - rose clay and french pink are very nice. You can use Hershey's cocoa too. And you can go with the micas they work well also.

There is a lot of controversy over the crayon thingy. Many people have used them and claim they don't hurt their skin. I guess if you want to use crayons and the soap is for your own use, then go ahead and do it. But if you are giving the soap away to friends or family or selling it, I would use skin safe colorants.

I read that there is a difference in skin safe & body safe.... you can use colors in soap that you wouldn't use in lotion... you wash soap off - not lotion.

You can eat crayons... not that I have, but they are non toxic - so I wouldn't think they'd hurt your skin.... ?

I read that there is a difference in skin safe & body safe.... you can use colors in soap that you wouldn't use in lotion... you wash soap off - not lotion.

You can eat crayons... not that I have, but they are non toxic - so I wouldn't think they'd hurt your skin.... ?

TeriM:

That's a good point a get me at the same point...lol...may I or may not use crayons?...I'm getting confuse, cause a Janis said a may not use it in other than me...but what's the different between they a me?..uhmmm still confused!!!