FO drowning wick

Milk Machine

I am using Coco84X with 10% s&p 487 with a 9% fragrance load of Ernesto by Scent Memory in a 12 oz Libbey Status jar. Usually a Premier 750 or 755 work well with my FOs. This one though keeps drowning with weak flame and tunneling with a 750, 755 & 760.   I am wondering which fix to try first:  decreasing the FL, upping the Wick size to a 765 or higher or trying a CDN. In Previous tests with other FOs a CDN 7 worked really well but perhaps slightly too hot (150°F glass temp. about 2/3 down the jar for 1 burn).

2 hours ago, Milk Machine said:

I am using Coco84X with 10% s&p 487 with a 9% fragrance load of Ernesto by Scent Memory in a 12 oz Libbey Status jar. Usually a Premier 750 or 755 work well with my FOs. This one though keeps drowning with weak flame and tunneling with a 750, 755 & 760.   I am wondering which fix to try first:  decreasing the FL, upping the Wick size to a 765 or higher or trying a CDN. In Previous tests with other FOs a CDN 7 worked really well but perhaps slightly too hot (150°F glass temp. about 2/3 down the jar for 1 burn).

I looked that one up just now to see the possible culprit.  There are several that individually will mess with your wick. Copied and pasted their description here:

Rum, Oak and Tobacco

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Rhum, Clove, Labdanum, Oak Wood, Patchouli, Amber, Leather, Moss, Tobacco”

in my experience with blends like these, alcohol notes, labdanum (a very thick/syrupy essential oil), clove and many interpretations of amber will all be wick challenges. 

in my different waxes, I usually lower the FO load, and swap wick series to something more forgiving such as bleached square, eco, etc.

I don’t know anything else about that fragrance to confirm that it does not contain other wick issue causing ingredients, such as DPG. 

the reviews vary, with one chandler noting batch inconsistencies.  Some of the heavier fragrance components may settle due to crystallization or heavier specific gravity. Shaking the vat before portioning into customer bottles might be needed to ensure each bottle is the same.  Shaking your own bottle before using might  also be needed.  

• Thanks 1