Soaper needs to use up 2oz fo's. Suggestions for easiest beginner wax/container/wick?

Hi everyone!  I used to make Unscented coco83/beeswax wood wick candles for myself before the pandemic.  Very briefly (like 1 week!) played around with adding scents but quickly learned I have no interest in the experimentation and attention to detail needed to make a candle even good enough for my personal use.  Went back and made more soap instead!!

But like any good maker, I never passed up a fragrance sale, and am now stuck with lots of  2 ounces bottles, or unfinished bottles I won't use in soap. Thought I'd throw some into candles, maybe tarts, and just cross fingers that some turn out decent.  

I'm not going to be picky and  don't care about paraffin, luxe, soy-only,  frosting, mottled tops, wet spots, etc. Won't be coloring.  Even a big hot throw isn't my goal!  I'd just like a combo of wax, containers, wick that is most likely to have some success without me pulling any hair out.  

Can you suggest an easy first timer's wax for me?  Glass is preferred - but I'm open to compromise. Also, I understand that vessels in the 3 inch range are troublesome to wick....so I'm willing to buy a different size (have some DollarTree glass hurricane and tumblers in that range from years ago).   (I can't find the thread I read that suggested a para-soy container blend from IGI). ProBlend 600 was another someone suggested??

I have some CD, HTP, HSPS stashed away - willing to buy something else. 

My fragrances were bought with soaping in mind, except for a few from WoodWick (Makesy)....that are still sitting in the box!

I'd appreciate your thoughts!

The easiest overall container for my personal candles is the libbey status jar at dollar tree. 

stick to one container for ease. 

Do you still have Coco83 and beeswax?  For personal candles just do as you did with those wood wicks. Wood wicks are easy enough to pull and swap if things are not on track. 

I do have the 83 and beeswax, and status jars.  But what little experimenting I did adding scent to that wax resulted in virtually no cold/hot throw a month later.   I suppose that could be because of the fragrances - only 3 of them, at lowest percentage.

1 hour ago, lenarenee said:

I do have the 83 and beeswax, and status jars.  But what little experimenting I did adding scent to that wax resulted in virtually no cold/hot throw a month later.   I suppose that could be because of the fragrances - only 3 of them, at lowest percentage.

Do give it another go with some easy florals.  Scent 8%-9% and see if you like them. Premier700 series wicks work well in that blend for me. CDN and CD can too. Wooden wicks are hit or miss like any other wick/fragrance combos. 

• Thanks 1