Jars?

OK - I am ready to start testing jars and I have been looking online for a nice looking jar that won't cost me a fortune (and is easy to wick ;) ) Does anyone have any suggestions? I eventually want to have at least two sizes. I live in the Rochester, NY area and do not know of any companies that are close to me.

I know my friend likes the "honey pot" because we can put something in the top (ex. coffee scented wax with coffee beans in top), but I am not sure I want all of them to be like that.

I have been using an opaque wax, but have been wanting to try something that is more "bold" looking.....I guess translucent?

As you can tell, I am so confused by all the testing I have done....I need some guidance.

Jane

I get most of my jars from TVG...... I think that is the name anyway. I am at work right now, so when I get home this evening, I will double check and post an email address or phone number.... I think they are in NY, and shipping to WV is not bad at all.. thats why I use them.... :)

Jelly jars seem to be one of the easiest to learn to wick and are more likely to be found locally, in warm weather anyway. It seems like people said the honey pots are a PITA for wicking, though I've never tried them.

Run a search here and maybe in the business sections on some styles you're interested in. You probably find good points and bad point in all of them.

Thanks for all the replies!

Scentlady, I was looking at Fairway, but I will check out the Jar Store...thanks for the info.

WVCANDLEGUY, I would really appreciate the information re the TVG company.

SatinDucky, we tried the jelly jars first.....and you would have LAUGHED!! We had wicks a'floating and the jars had wet spots everywhere!! We thought we were starting with the easiest, but apparently we were doing something VERY WRONG!! :laugh2:

No offense intended... but if you had floating wicks and a royal disater, you might should find out what went wrong....

I also don't think it being a jelly jar would cause the wet spots. Type of wax, possible. Pour temps, possible. But the jar, unlikely.

I completely agree. If floating wicks were a problem, you'll have that problem in whichever jar you choose, unless you fix it. Same with the wetspots.

If you want a non-country looking jar that is easy to wick, try the metro/status jar. Candles and Supplies carries them now, as does Carolina Candle Supplies.

Also, check out Fillmore Container (great prices!), The Jar Store and Fairway glass.

No offense intended... but if you had floating wicks and a royal disater, you might should find out what went wrong....

I also don't think it being a jelly jar would cause the wet spots. Type of wax, possible. Pour temps, possible. But the jar, unlikely.

No offense taken....

We were trying to use glue dots at that point, so that might have been our wick problem. The wax was Harmony....

That is why I am trying to find the jar I like, so that if we are going to spend all this time testing, we are doing it in a jar we want to use all the time. Jelly jars were just not the look we wanted...just something easy to buy and small enough to manage.

I would never take offense to someone trying to help me.....I really appreciate all your comments - good or bad! :)

I'm really not a fan of the JJ look either. For my customers who like the more country look, I carry the square mason. For my other customers, I carry the status jar. I might look into another jar type at some point, but I'm not ready to test again, especially since most of my sales have been wickless lately.

You could also go with a candle tin. I get my tins from SKS Bottle and they have excellent pricing and great customer service. I use the tins for my wickless candles, but might start testing them for regular wicked candles too.