Pro Blend 600

It's been a while since I've posted anything here - hope everyone is doing well!

Regarding Pro Blend 600:

I did a comparison burn  - in a status jar, a premier wick, 745 and the other with an eco 8, FO 6%, cured way over two weeks. The end result was the eco 8 sooted way too much at the end for my liking.  The Premier burned nice.  So i proceeded to make a couple other testers using the Premier 745 as a starting point, same fo %. The cure time is now over two months and I thought at this point the hot throw would have been great, but it was not that great at all.  Some of the scents I used were CS Snickerdoodle and CS White Birch - good throwers in straight paraffin wax. (I know that Pro Blend is a combo of PF and soy).

If I add a higher % of fo, I may run the risk of sooting.  Should I add a little paraffin wax?  I have 4786 and 4625 (pillar wax) on hand.  If I use a little bit of the 4625 to harden the wax should I go up in wick size?

Can anyone offer and advice?  Thanks....

8 hours ago, Terry said:

It's been a while since I've posted anything here - hope everyone is doing well!

Regarding Pro Blend 600:

I did a comparison burn  - in a status jar, a premier wick, 745 and the other with an eco 8, FO 6%, cured way over two weeks. The end result was the eco 8 sooted way too much at the end for my liking.  The Premier burned nice.  So i proceeded to make a couple other testers using the Premier 745 as a starting point, same fo %. The cure time is now over two months and I thought at this point the hot throw would have been great, but it was not that great at all.  Some of the scents I used were CS Snickerdoodle and CS White Birch - good throwers in straight paraffin wax. (I know that Pro Blend is a combo of PF and soy).

If I add a higher % of fo, I may run the risk of sooting.  Should I add a little paraffin wax?  I have 4786 and 4625 (pillar wax) on hand.  If I use a little bit of the 4625 to harden the wax should I go up in wick size?

Can anyone offer and advice?  Thanks....

I have never been able to coax a great throw from Premier wicks in any parasoy wax.  Even if the burn was good, the throw just isn't there for me.  I like both Eco and CD wicks with Problend 600.  If the Eco 8 produced soot, I would test Eco 6.  With CD's, I would start with CD 8 and go from there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...