Is it the wax or the wicking?

I need some wax from a good batch, but how do I if the wax I order will be good? My last 4627 was bad and the reviews on Candlescience confirm this. So my hope is that if the recent reviews are good then I stand a reasonable chance of getting good wax. I was looking at the reviews for 4630 and a couple of people had issues when using the wicks recommended by Candlescience, most notably smoking. I guessing, or perhaps hoping, that this has more to do with the wick than the wax. I understand that smoking is a problem with Paraffin, but I haven’t experienced it since I started wicking on the small side. This issue doesn’t seem to be common to all of the reviewers, so should I trust the wax is good?  

I would. I put zero faith in wax reviews.  I've only ever had one issue with 4630 and in retrospect, I freaked out and made much more of it than it really was.  Since then I've gotten used to some inconsistency in hardness, but a decent cure usually works out the kinks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

I would. I put zero faith in wax reviews.  I've only ever had one issue with 4630 and in retrospect, I freaked out and made much more of it than it really was.  Since then I've gotten used to some inconsistency in hardness, but a decent cure usually works out the kinks.  

Thanks, I'm a bit gun shy after my last batch of 4627. I had 8oz tins from a previous batch that had much better HT than my triple wicked candles from the new batch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Forrest said:

Thanks, I'm a bit gun shy after my last batch of 4627. I had 8oz tins from a previous batch that had much better HT than my triple wicked candles from the new batch.

That sucks.  I don't do that much 4630 anymore, except one account, so I'm only using about one case every 2-3 months. Based on what I've seen, 4630 has been fine.  I always order from CS or Flaming.

• Thanks 1