Sink hole & Presto Pot

hey guys, finally I am able to start making my candles! So I have a few questions for you:

- How do you deal with sink hole in 6006? Do you pour a little bit wax when the candle is ready?and if you do so do you add just plain melt wax or you add fragrance?( and how do you work around the quantity if you do so?)

-are you guys using Presto Pot? I was watching a video where they were saying to re heat the pitcher before pouring and mesuring the wax, do you do that? 

I used the presto pot yesterday ( only becasue I had it already ) and all the process it was a little bit frustrated to be honest with you. SO now I have more concerned about on how to save money about bills ( buying a separated electric stove and keep doing double boil or using the presto pot).

Thank you!!

I used Presto pots.  I use an electric griddle to keep all my pour pots warm between pours.  
6006 is prone to holes, sometimes they lurk under the surface and you don't know they are there.  I use a metal skewer to poke holes all the way to the bottom of the jar and then top off with a little remaining wax to fill in all the holes.  Just hold back a bit of the scented wax when you pour.  I usually wait until the following day.....poke my holes, reheat the wax and top off the candles. You can also use a heat gun, but I find it much easier and more foolproof to do repours.  Containers that are taller than they are wide, like 16oz mason jars, are very prone to holes and I have not found a way to prevent them. Smaller containers and wide containers are easier...you can usually prevent holes by pouring into preheated jars and insulating them to slow down the cool. 

5 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I used Presto pots.  I use an electric griddle to keep all my pour pots warm between pours.  
6006 is prone to holes, sometimes they lurk under the surface and you don't know they are there.  I use a metal skewer to poke holes all the way to the bottom of the jar and then top off with a little remaining wax to fill in all the holes.  Just hold back a bit of the scented wax when you pour.  I usually wait until the following day.....poke my holes, reheat the wax and top off the candles. You can also use a heat gun, but I find it much easier and more foolproof to do repours.  Containers that are taller than they are wide, like 16oz mason jars, are very prone to holes and I have not found a way to prevent them. Smaller containers and wide containers are easier...you can usually prevent holes by pouring into preheated jars and insulating them to slow down the cool. 

Thank you so much! Yes I was thinking about getting an heat gun and extra pitchers to make the process easier. I just need to start making some moeny back..T_T