MOTTELING ISSUES

I'm kinda getting back into candle making as a hobby in my basement.  The wax I used to use palm tortoise shell.  I got great results from it.  Now I'm using IGI 1302 mottling wax.

So far I'm getting very little effects.  Some white speckles and pits on top.  Not what I expected.  I use aluminum molds and no fragrances. Any suggestions to get better results?

Here are a few picturesIMG_4024.thumb.jpeg.1ae39cd940dccf6f8ac3247a691221fe.jpegIMG_4023.thumb.jpeg.59303998baa54cf9a77e60f942444f99.jpeg

I'm not familiar with that wax, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but.....I was thinking you need to add FO to promote mottling ???  Not sure.  I only use mottling wax for containers.  I use 6% FO, cool slowly and have great results.

Hi everyone and thanks for the comments.  I'm using  IGI 1302 from Lone Star Candle Supply.  They say it replaced 1274. The replacement 1302 is mottling wax I'm told.

Do these kind of waxes in general need fragrances to aid in the effects?  If so is there anything I can add in place of fragrance?

On the pouring temps I'm kind of winging it.  I have a meat thermometer but not sure its accurate.  It said 190 last time I poured.

I do wrap the aluminum molds in flexible insulation after I pour.

Do the coloring dyes have any influence?  Does one color work better that the other?