GB 444 wax and Eco wicks

I’ve been doing candle tests for the past two weeks and I just can’t seem to get a full melt pool. The brand I’m using is Gold Brand 444 wax with Eco 10 and 14 wicks. 

I did a burn test earlier today, using no FO or color. My containers are 4oz, 2.8 inches. I tested Eco 10 and 14 and both seem to leave some wax around the edges each time. 

Any recommendations? 

Full melt pool is a limit, not a goal, especially on first burns. Hang up will easily catch up on later burns.  A FMP on the first burn will get you into some trouble later, especially at the bottom. 

FO can be a culprit, so it is good you tried without to establish a baseline.

that said, sometimes the wick size is counterintuitive and going smaller creates more heat to melt the hard to melt soy wax than the wick can draw up. 

I had luck with cd wicks in 444 and similar soy blends. Sometimes HTP.

also, I gave up on 444 when I started getting unburnable case lots.  One case would burn fine, the next wick I could stick a clothesline in it and it would make a teeny tiny tunnel. With the same everything else.