Pro blend 600

I have been using GB464 for a few years and wanted to try a wax that I could get a better scent throw with. I tried Pro blend 600 in 8oz jelly jars with some fragrances that I purchased from Aztec Candle. I used 1oz of fragrance per pound and added at 180 degrees. I used an htp 104 wick and cured for 4 days. Good cold throw, but very weak hot throw. I have heard mixed reviews on this wax, so I don’t know if the fragrances i purchased were low quality or I’m possibly doing something wrong? Any ideas?

12 hours ago, Craig said:

I have been using GB464 for a few years and wanted to try a wax that I could get a better scent throw with. I tried Pro blend 600 in 8oz jelly jars with some fragrances that I purchased from Aztec Candle. I used 1oz of fragrance per pound and added at 180 degrees. I used an htp 104 wick and cured for 4 days. Good cold throw, but very weak hot throw. I have heard mixed reviews on this wax, so I don’t know if the fragrances i purchased were low quality or I’m possibly doing something wrong? Any ideas?

I’ve been using this wax for a bit now and have a pretty good handle on it.  HTP 104 is a pretty big wick for that jar. I’d try wicking down a couple of sizes.  A wick that’s too hot can inhibit throw.  In my experience, this wax can be a little finicky about FOs.  Some scents I use are great in PB600, some not so much, and some need a week or two to cure. Just depends.

Aztec has some good oils and some duds, just like most any other suppliers.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback !! I will try wicking down and experiment with some other fragrances. I’ve been getting most of my fragrances from the Flaming Candle that I used in the GB464 and noticed some fragrances just don’t throw well in that wax either.