What to buy or where to buy smallest crushed salt softeners

ShelleyF

• ShelleyF changed the title to What to buy or where to buy smallest crushed salt softeners
18 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

@TallTayl do you know where to get small salt from like coarse sea salt? I was using the solar crystals from Lowe's but I like the little bitty ones I see people using. But the coarse sea salt is 225 a pound where I live and a bag of the 40 lb big crystals is 7

I think sometimes it varies from bag to bag and brand brand. I have had some solar salt from the feed supply that has been large crystal, and some of the same brand that were really small,  just slightly bigger than kosher salt. I feel the bags to imagine how they look inside. 

I have pounded/crushed some on occasion. Not fun but works. Also takes out anger since a mallet crushing little salt stones can take some time. 😂

Have you looked into kosher salt? Kosher is a wide flat crystal flake - maybe see if that works?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I think sometimes it varies from bag to bag and brand brand. I have had some solar salt from the feed supply that has been large crystal, and some of the same brand that were really small,  just slightly bigger than kosher salt. I feel the bags to imagine how they look inside. 

I have pounded/crushed some on occasion. Not fun but works. Also takes out anger since a mallet crushing little salt stones can take some time. 😂

Have you looked into kosher salt? Kosher is a wide flat crystal flake - maybe see if that works?

Thank you. This morning I went to the Food Service place and bought the kosher salt. I am just reading your message but I was thinking coarse salt would work. They gave me kosher salt is it the same thing? It looks really pretty the difference though is the price it was $36 with tax for 36 lb. It is much more money than the salt crystals that cost $9 with tax here for 40 lb. But it's a lot easier to deal with and I don't know if I'd feel like beating the crystals all the time lol does it take a long time to do it? Because it is a lot cheaper. I accidentally bought the wrong thing 2 days ago. I bought salt pellets and I do not take color well at least these don't and there's huge but they were only 649 a bag plus tax for 40. Pounds. I am keeping my solar salts that are decent sized to make crystal potpourri. To sit in bathrooms. But for some reason these little ones are becoming very popular and they're calling them simmering granules and simmering salt an aroma crystals. I'm going to try beating the ones I have and see what happens. I didn't realize they were different sizes me a bag I did notice in the same bag there different sizes but I didn't realize some are smaller than others. I appreciate it I'm going to check it out.

• Like 1