how do I

I ordered two molds from Peaks.(1) is oblique 1.75-3 x 9.5 (holds 2 lbs of wax),(2)star 5 x6.5(holds 3 lbs 7 oz of wax).i want to make layer and I am not sure how much wax to use per color.with these molds i want atleast three colors. Then there is the amount of additives per color.I know that I only use 1 TBS of UA per lb but with the oblique each color has to be less then 1 lb,the same for the stearic.What can I do?I am trying to make creamy pillars using 1343A wax. with the star i think that i can melt 1lb 2oz per color and would be ok with the additives.Any suggestions?

I would melt the full amount a wax needed and put the addititves in, then in a pour pot measure, color and scent what you need for each layer.

Because of the shape of the mold, if you want even layers, you will probably have to do a logic puzzle....divide your mold in thirds. Fill the bottom third with water. Pour the water into a measuring cup and divide by 1.25. That will give you ounces of wax for that layer. Pour the water back in the mold. Add enough water to fill 2/3. Pour out what you measured for the first layer. Pour the rest in a measuring cup and divide by 1.25 for ounces of wax for the second layer. Add your two layers together and subtract from the total amount of wax to get the amount for the third layer.

Or just divide your total wax by 3 and see how it turns out! ;)