Mushroom on first lights

Hi everyone ! Wondering if anyone has experienced this as well before....I've been testing my candles- pouring some to FINALLY start selling actually and there's 1 fragrance in particular that I remember from the first few times lighting(also from my notes) that there was a LOT of mushrooming . So much so that the flame got tiny ...but I kept lighting it just to see how it burned all the way down and the more burns I did, I didn't have this problem at all anymore. The scent throw is out of this world so I don't want to change the amount of fragrance being used. I'm wondering if this could have been a curing - related thing? I didn't light it for probably 1-2 months after the initial burns. Those initial burns were about 2-3 weeks after the candle was made. OR could it be based on the level of the wax in the jar and once it got lower, didn't mushroom?? I've poured some of these candles out anyways as I'm planning to sell for Christmas but now second guessing how they'll perform. Wick size is good for sure as I said there is no excess mushrooming anymore and the candle is nearly finished at this point.

Does this situation make sense?? Hahahha Thanks!

1 hour ago, lisamrtr said:

Not necessarily very sharp but also the same pair of scissors I’m using al the way down for good burns.  Very strange! But will definitely invest in something sharper !

After the wick has been burned the fibers cut differently I found. They’re more brittle so they break off with less microscopic fraying.