Melters and Pouring System / Dispeners

Does anybody use Rite Hete, WaxMelter or Coogar all in one candle making systems, where you melt the wax in the melter, then dispenser (looks like a gas handle/powerwasher handle) to pour into the containers?  Seems like Coogar could be the high end, at least in price.  But Rite Hete and WaxMelter both have options about 1/4 the cost.  We pour most by heating the wax in the melter, pouring into the pitcher, adding the fragrance and stirring, letting it cool down to pouring temperature and then pour.  But we've recently been getting orders for a larger quantity of one fragrance, which I would think one of these all in one systems could help.  Any positives or negative from using these?  Thanks!

I don't have the full system.  I use Rite Hete VRS 60 quarts, and I love it.  There are few hot spots, so you might need to stir once in a while like every 10 to 15 minutes.  But that hot spots are very minor thing.

Coogar has been in business for long time, and I never seen anyone complaining about their systems.

WaxMelter is kind of new company, and there is one member in here that was not satisfied with their melter due to melter not providing constant temperature through out in the tank.

I haven't purchased dispensing system yet.  That should save a lot of time.  Do you already have a big wax melter?  Most dispensing gun system should fit into other company's wax melters.  Check with manufacturers for fit. 

*I did not want to spend $2,400 for dispensing system.  So I am kind of trying to create my own gravitational dispensing gun system without heating feature at very cheap cost.

As for the agitator/mixer, you might want to consider using something like below picture before you make big purchase from the wax melter factories.  Currently I am using paint mixer blade with power screwdriver, but this should work a lot better.  This is available at Home Depot for about $180, and its dimension fits most wax melters well.

There should be some chandlers in here that use full systems and  should give their feedbacks.

image.thumb.png.297cc32ed3029a86d754c7e1cca4af89.png

I contacted Coogar about their system. It's $20,000. Couldn't justify that expense just yet. But, the reviews are great and allllll the big boys use Coogar. My setup involves a 70# water jacketed melter that stays on all the time. It's connected to the wax pouring system from WaxMelters (I think we paid $3500?). Overall, it helps on big runs. Can make 100 candles in an hour. 

The downside--it takes forever to heat up. The system gets clogged easily/doesn't heat evenly upon startup. We had an issue with the thermostat heating beyond the setpoint, which then melted the internal seals and caused wax to leak out everywhere. Sent it for repairs, and they accused us of improper use. Said next time it happens they're charging us $300 repair fee (to fix a seal, gimme a break). STILL have issues with the thermostat going higher than its setpoint, so have to continually monitor it. 

I don't use WM tanks. It's just easier for us to use the water jacketed ones--we always have hot wax on the ready whenever we need. 

Thanks, we have a  65# water jacketed melter also, I was told RiteHete is the manufacturer, I believe we got it from Candle Science.  RiteHete have a dispenser/,pouring system also for about $2500.  They recommend a VRS Direct Heat, so I need to call them and see if it works well with the current melter.  Or just get another melter and the entire system would probably cost about $4000.  I'm assuming you got this one for $3500-EZ Pour Semi Automated Vertical Heated wax Pouring System from WaxMelter?  What takes forever to heat up and got clogged?  The dispenser?

It's a little confusing.  The Cougar would be nice it seems easy to change fragrances without having to clean the entire melter.  One thought we have is get the $4000 package I mentioned, use that for the large one scent pours, and use the other melter for the smaller batches.

21 hours ago, NB Candle said:

I'm assuming you got this one for $3500-EZ Pour Semi Automated Vertical Heated wax Pouring System from WaxMelter?  What takes forever to heat up and got clogged?  The dispenser?

Yup -- I think something is glitchy in the heating element. When we first got it, it heated perfectly and evenly across the device. Now sections of the hose don't heat, so we have to empty out the entire machine after every run, even if we're going to use it the next day. Pain in the butt.

My system is a patchwork of various things. I have a large melter that holds 200# (about to buy another one), but we use that to keep wax melted. Then we have a piping system to transfer wax to the smaller melter, which is attached to the pouring system. 

Agreed the Coogar would've been ideal for the easy fragrance system. But, it's also very easy to calculate less-than-tank runs with the EZ-Pour. We have a stick that's marked with various fill points.