KATE

I made two different types of candles. First run was soy and they didn't smell. The second run was beeswax and during the process learned to add oil at 185 degrees and pour at 145 degrees. The beeswax at least gave off some smell, however, has tunneled. I am not sure if I am using too much fragrance or if my timing/temp are off. I also am want to try a different wick. Is there a way to remove the fragrance from the beeswax to start over?

4 hours ago, gardenerkd said:

I made two different types of candles. First run was soy and they didn't smell. The second run was beeswax and during the process learned to add oil at 185 degrees and pour at 145 degrees. The beeswax at least gave off some smell, however, has tunneled. I am not sure if I am using too much fragrance or if my timing/temp are off. I also am want to try a different wick. Is there a way to remove the fragrance from the beeswax to start over?

What kind of soy wax did you use? Wicks make loads of difference, as does cure time.

Where is the fragrance from? How much are you adding?

There's no way to separate out fragrance from wax once it is added.

For beeswax, square braid cotton wick is usually the standard. I don't heat my beeswax that high. Usually 160 is plenty hot since beeswax, as long as it is "clear" when mixing in fragrance, will stay suspended in a kind of "salve" consistency.