New member looking for some help

Looking forward to getting some helpful hints and advice. I was told this website is a good place to seek out some assistance. I have a question. Has anyone had any problems with Cargill (C-3) wax scent bleeding. I make candles in glass jar containers, and have encounter this problem a lot. Thanks for any help.

Dan

Hi there and welcome. What do you mean scent bleeding? Is the fo seeping to the top of the candle? What is the percentage of fo you are using? It might be to much fo. Or it might be the fo isn't binding with the wax. At what temperature are you adding the fo? I used this wax for a brief period, so I can try to help.

Welcome to the board! Lot of knowledgable people here who are always willing to give their experience. FREE. First things first do you have notes about how hot you heated the wax to, at what temp did you add color and scent, what scent & how much %. Thiings like that, giving better info on what may be happening. I assume you live in the midwest and with flucuations we have been having in weather may part of the problem.

HTH

John

I use the C3 all the time and have had that problem in the past. I also had problems with not all the dye blending in completely. I would poor my candles and the next day I would see the FO coming to the top and some times specs of die in the wax. I was able to cure it mostly by heating the wax to 180 before adding any thing especially the FO. I also stirr it alot right up to when i pour it. That seemed to get rid of most of the problems. Ocassionally I still get it but not as often. One strange thing i have seen is I don't get the FO bleeding problem right away. Some times I'll see it a couple weeks later. I think room temp has some thing to do with that and where I was storing them, near a heater vent.