Shipping candles within the US.

3 hours ago, karinz40 said:

I hope I have the right topic area.

I want to ship a cANDLE to my daughter in OHIO

It is a 8 oz mason jar .

What is the cheapest way to ship in a box?

I have some 4x4x6 boxes and it will fit with some bubble but the pricing is about 10-11 $.  obn Clip and ship.

Is that about right??? I thought it would be about 4 or 5$

Will move this to its own topic, but first:

if the entire package is below a lb it can ship first class for around $5-6. If using priority regional rate, within your zone it will be around $7.50 

to pack a glass candle, the post office will not insure unless it is packed with enough “dunnage” around the item to prevent damage.  Generally they recommend 2” of padding, with an internal box also recommended. So basically a box within another box separated by 2” of padding. 

Click and ship example:

USPS public published rates from Chicago to the east coast which is an extreme from my zip.

5C1862C6-12DB-4D29-831B-0180F7AC2995.png56A49DA2-E9CA-4649-9C8C-BCC70DFCC7CC.png

Free shipping services like goshippo.com, pirate ship.com, etc. are slightly lower. 

if the destination from you to the receiver is closer than the zip codes I used you can expect to pay a bi less still. 

once you get over a lb priority rates are can use. Regional rates are often better than plain old priority mail. It is always more expensive at the postal counter.