Help wicking dough bowl!

Can someone please help me with wicking these dough bowls! They are on average 8.5”x5.25” 

I’ve used 6006 and the one w wood wick I did half 6006 had coco soy way

the one on top is 1212 wicks

the wood wicks are whisper booster .03 .05

667AB545-54D2-4AE9-BAAE-B0F57A19ECF6.jpeg

On something irregularly shaped like that, I would not shoot for full melt pool. Multiple wicks will generate plenty of heat to use up all of the wax further down in the container. Wick way down to have it burn as an accent piece i a room.  In my 6 wick ceramic bowls I even lower fragrance load because that much convection produces loads of air current and makes the candle behave like a big wax melt. 

the bowls appear lovely from the top. Are they wood?

28 minutes ago, BecMec said:

Ahhhhh! That makes total sense! Thank you so much! I’m gonna try this today!

do I need to wait 24 to test or just till it’s completely cold and solid? 

if it has any soy at all, several days minimum for the crystal structure to grow and settle. Your wicks may still seem "off" for up to a couple of weeks. '

May paraffin blends also benefit from a decent cure time to reach their HT and clean burn potential. a couple of days will get you in the ballpark.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:28 AM, TallTayl said:

And if you go with the wood wick option, small small small small small wicks on multis. Boosters get pretty hot when working with others.

Ok! Thanks so much! I’m trying now! And yes they are wood! I can send you the supplier if you’d like:) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BecMec said:

Ok! Thanks so much! I’m trying now! And yes they are wood! I can send you the supplier if you’d like:) 

Curious if the wood will be flammable?  They are very pretty. I would probably make them into ceramic here. Great organic shape!

People use all kinds of crazy things for candles.

An easy way to see if it’s combustible is to hold the bowl on top of a flame for a while. say, hold it over a burning taper candle with the wood touching the flame for a decent amount of time to simulate a period of time someone would burn it as a candle.  If it Chars, smolders or catches fire you might want to use it as a decorative trivet for vessel candles versus as the container.