Before I order new wax...

Hi everyone!

I make a few candles only for my own use - I prefer wood wicks (for the crackle!), and Unscented and uncolored candles.  Over the last couple of years,  the people on this website helped me make some fairly decent cocowax83 candles with wood wicks, and eco. 

My coco83 wax was ordered over 2 years ago; I read on the forum that this year's wax seems to be different, so I'm sure the wicks I used before won't work.  So I thought I'd ask for help again. (I ended up using 4% beeswax mixed in)

For this holiday season, I'd like to make more unscented, but also a couple of scented Christmas candles.  (I love Christmas tree scents the most, apple, cranberry, spice, even outdoor/snow type scents.)

I have 3.25  inch glass jars leftover from last year (hurricane, and rocks straight sided)  I have an assortment of wood wicks, many eco, a few cd wicks. But I'm open to getting different ones to suit any wax you'd recommend, and even different size of glass jars because I know this size is a little tempermental for single wick.

I'd like to make about 12 candles; most of them crackling, unscented.

What one  wax (don't care if its para, blends, soy, etc) would you recommend I buy?  (looking for ease of use and decent performance for unscented and also a few scented, don't care about wet spots or double pours)

Thank you for your help!

ETA:  I am not using these as gifts!  I live in dry California and take flames seriously! Any candle, store or handmade is burned on a metal tray and away from curtains!

Edited by lenarenee

On 11/17/2019 at 6:23 PM, TallTayl said:

If you liked the coco83, I’d buy more and tweak wicking as needed. The wicks May be fine.  Coco83, like all others, varies a lot between batches. You may get lucky and have no changes, especially if you’ve been blending with beeswax.

It's a possibility. I was happy because I was able to fairly quickly get a candle that satisfied me and didn't want to start over. But....that's what all of you professionals have to do time and time again isn't - start over! I don't know how you put up with it.  

I might just try a few pounds of parasoy this year as well!

• Like 1